Thinksport Sunscreen Stick SPF 30+
- Thinksport was the first Sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care Requirements
- Free of biologically harmful chemicals. No Avobenzone, Oxybenzone, or UV Chemical absorbers.
- SPF 30 (non-nano zinc oxide)
- Broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection (Highest level defined by proposed FDA 2012 Monograph)
- Highest level of water resistance (80 minutes) (Highest level defined by proposed FDA 2012 Monograph)
- Mineral-based - Zinc Oxide 20%
- Non-aerosol formulation (High concern of both ineffectiveness and particulates being inhaled)
- Paraben, phthalates, PABA and 1,4 dioxane free
- Applies and absorbs easily. Non-oily feel.
- Sunscreen produced in the USA
- Easy-to-apply stick. Oval design for easy carrying in your front pocket
- A member of the Safe Cosmetics Campaign Compact
- Foundering member Sun Safety Coalition
- No animal testing (Leaping Bunny member)
Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreen sticks come in an 18.4g stick made of environmentally friendly packaging that does not contain BPA, vinyl, or phthalates. The packaging and contents are environmentally safe.Each stick is marked with an expiration date. Note: The base formulations of our sunscreens are identical. We set out to make the most effective safe sunscreen possible. It didn't make sense to make one safe for babies, and a harmful version for adults. While this seems obvious, you should check out what the major brands are doing.Compare your sunscreen's "safe" ingredients to ours. The best way is to check out The Environmental Working Group's database Skin Deep: WG.org/SkinDeep. The ratings for each ingredient are listed separately below. Our sun care products have been "1" rated since 2010!
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 20% (Non-nano)
Inactive Ingredients: HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL(1) COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL (1) CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) (1) EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX(1) RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) OIL (1) COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX(1) BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (1) THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER (1) TOCOPHEROL (1) ALOE BARBADENSIS (ALOE) LEAF JUICE (1)
We do not test on animals. Ever. Period. And we will not work with any entity that does. Period. We fired our website host GoDaddy.com due to the CEO going Elephant hunting.
How do I use Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreen?
Applying Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreen: Children over the age of 6 months and anyone who will be exposed to sunlight should use sunscreen.
Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreen is perfect for daily use and for anyone spending time in the sun, including pregnant women, children over 6 months, and anyone with sensitive skin. Please note that use of sunscreen on children younger than 6 months of age requires a doctor's prescription. This is true for ALL brands.
Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreen is a physical sunscreen which means it works immediately upon application. It is not necessary to apply 30 minutes before you are exposed to sunlight as is the case with chemical sunscreens. Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreen is classified as water resistant (80 minutes), which is the highest rating as proposed by the FDA's 2012 Monograph. It will maintain its SPF after 80 minutes of water immersion. The Environmental Working Group and the FDA recommend reapplying sunscreen every two hours.
Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreens are perfect for sensitive skin. We recommend testing on a small area of the body to ensure that you don't have any sensitivities. Sunscreens that claim to be hypo-allergenic are nothing more than marketing hype in our opinion. As the population's exposure to chemicals has risen, there has been a direct correlation to things that people become allergic to. Simply google environmental exposure and allergies to view some of this research.
Tips for Application
Thinkbaby and Thinksport formula applies easily and absorbs quickly. Be sure to apply all areas that will be exposed to sunlight, including behind the ears, neck, hands, feet, and scalp. Reapply every two hours or more as needed. While the sunscreen applies very easily, we recommend not spreading it too thin. Otherwise, you will decrease the effectiveness of the sunscreen. Keep in mind that physical sunscreens work by reflecting sunlight.